Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a TREE kinda day!

So the word is TREE.  I immediately knew I had a drawing, again done long ago back in the 90's, but I really like the drawing and then I got to thinking about trees, because I know I have to go find the drawing somewhere on my computer....  I also got to thinking about the illustration I was going to post, I also got to thinking about this blog and what I wanted to say. I do a lot of thinking, it is important to think before you speak or write, makes for a better step when walking or talking.

I realized trees allow us to have paper.  I am sure they go kicking and screaming on this one, but I am really glad man made this happen for us, because paper is one of my most favorite materials to use for many of my creations.  I can make just about anything from paper. And I do, that is, make lots of things from paper.  My best friend tells a story about when she watched me  make an entire concept box for my day time job, completely out of paper and then come back and show her the finished product the next night when we hooked back up at our night job we shared together.  She thinks I am amazing.  I just think paper is amazing and I am just really lucky to have this ability to make paper into cool stuff.

But I really have to hand it to the trees of the world.  They are truly awesome.  Trees can live a long time, withstand a lot of abuse and make new trees to grow underneath them and populate the world with air and paper of course.  (Paper is a man made item, trees do not volunteer for paper duty.)

So I honor the Trees out there.  Thank you for showing you can do double duty as paper, though I know would prefer not to be paper… (LOL) Thank you Trees for growing, giving me shade, a place to climb and see far away things from a great vantage point high up in their branches and just being awesome. Oh, and thank you for the beauty you have brought into my world, you look great, sound great and smell great, no matter where you grow. Here is my picture to honor trees on IF.  My tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment