Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today is IF launch of the Art of JP

Ok, here it is: I started to subscribe to IF's subscription list and what was the first thing they mentioned?  Make it easy for you all to find the art posted by (moi) and to find the "word of the week" submissions by the masses and of course IF staffers (I guess).  I assume this all falls under the theory of KISS, for the lack of a better acronym.

When I was ready to send in my submission for the word of the week (SHY)  I got stalled by this singular request.  Oh the power of words to someone like me.  Organized, meticulous and rule bender/follower to a fault.

So here it is.  The launch of Illustration Fridays "Art Of JP Submissions"; my weekly contribution (only once a week) into the land of an illustration world (or more fondly thought of in my head as the Art of JP, my art, fine or otherwise.

This week's word is SHY.  Something I am vastly familiar with, when you realize, like I did, you are the tallest among the people you hang out with and you are making excuses to not go outside, on a sunny day, you think, could I be a shy person?  Do you retreat behind objects, hide behind computers and stand so close to the wall you know it will fall over if you actually try to mingle among a group of new people?  Is life from the far reaches of the center stage your comfort zone? Yes in deed, it is, I am and I was once, terribly shy, however I only now do I occasionally feel shy, that is, but not like before.  I got over my bad self and moved shyness off to the corner to only allow shyness out when it suits me.

Here is my submission.  Let the courts of the world see fit to observe and hope that you all will go back to my "other blog" to see the facts of life in the Art of JP, a wild and crazy woman artist, graphic designer & package creator extraordinaire, who knows there is more to life than what we can possibly understand. What did she mean?  Well, the world, silly, the world.  It is filled with such creations plus beauty and now with the internet, the world can be a pearl in the oyster for us shy types where we feel gratitude everyday when we do not have to go out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment