Wednesday, September 18, 2019

End Game of Life, Looking At Retirement from a Grasshoppers POV

First, I am so glad to be back here as I have spent the later part of my day trying to get back into this account. However, back I am and glad to be blogging here again.

This has been a year of many things. Triumphs and failures abound. I wonder about the reasons why my life is this way; I find myself frozen sitting in a chair unable to move for long periods when I think about why. I am far from what I think my success should be at this juncture of my life & WHY it is NOT FINE.

Quite by accident I learned about this painting style (the painting on the right) when asked to teach a class; it is called POUR PAINTING. This is my very first one, ever. I used it for my my submission to Her Art Here, a United Airlines contest to award two artists, (one in CA, one in NY) a plane wrap. I had to do a short video (amoung other things much easier to tackle), by talking about myself & why I thought my art should be selected. After 300 or so pre-takes of this video & my son's blessings to sign off on the vid, I sent the whole package off & crossed my fingers. Sadly I was not selected, the "art" they were hoping for was more of a "doodle art"style, than a pour painting. Oh well, another time to win at contests. Pretty painting though & it is forsale!

I have continued do more of these paintings and as per usual to my personality, I push the limits to an extreme. I did EIGHT new paintings for San Diego Comic Con 2019, happily two of the paintings sold!!! The Joker and Reverse Flash (thank you to the buyers!) are the two that sold. I will update more later tonight, this is a promise!

So for now I need to go, life is calling per usual, so I will be back, thanks for reading! --JP




No comments:

Post a Comment